I was recently blessed with the opportunity to appear on the Chatterbox with Ellen Hedger internet radio show and discuss a number of important health and healthcare related topics AND the status of my forthcoming book “From Heart to Head and back again … a journey through the healthcare system”.
Simply follow this LINK to listen in at your convenience.
(The book discussion begins at minute 3.14)
During the show I was excited to share …
How I am now shaping my story into an engagement tool.
An engagement tool to create an environment for dialogue with the intention to leverage a wide variety of lenses and viewpoints from throughout the healthcare system … those of doctors and nurses and frontline staff; of patients and families; of hospital administrators and insurance executives; and more … all in order to move away from the unhelpful place of shame and blame to a powerful place of listening, understanding, collaborating and improving.
How the book now includes …
- Short snippets from my story as a patient, as a husband, as a father, as a person, as I traveled through my own health and healing journey
- Reflections on this journey from a healthcare leader perspective
- Questions for all the folks mentioned above to engage and to share
- Opportunities for all these same folks to also share their story and their perspective
- The opportunity to leverage technology and create a community to collect all of this collaborative wisdom
- And together move the dial toward additional innovation and improvement of the health and healthcare system for all
And how I am so very excited about this part of the writing journey, how this project has evolved and how I look forward to sharing more as progress continues.
And in the meantime, if you have any questions, would like to discuss this project and / or learn more please contact me at:
- Email: Thomas.Dahlborg@DahlborgHLG.com
- Cell: 207-747-9663
- Twitter: @tdahlborg
One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
– Jack Kerouc, The Dharma Bums
Thank you so very much for continuing to join me on this journey.
Bleeding ink each day
He writes from the heart
NEXT: The writing Fates …