COACHING TIP TUESDAY
“To rebound really well one must learn to BOX OUT. Sexy? No. Grunt work? Perhaps. And yet, vital to a successful team at any level.”
– The Big Kid and Basketball
In healthcare … as leaders (as coaches) …
We must create the systems which position our teams to …
- Implement the appropriate brand new technology, build the necessary new building, acquire the new physician practice, add the new center of excellence, market all of the above [OFFENSE]
- Provide high-quality evidence-based services, leverage impactful process improvement strategies, become highly reliable [DEFENSE]
And yet, it is our [REBOUNDING] … our ability to …
- Treat our patients and families, and our physicians, nurses and all staff, with dignity and respect
- Live integrity in all we do – when people are watching and when they are not
- Breathe compassion into the life force of our team, of our organization
- Lead with heart – lead with love
… that will truly position ourselves and our teams to honor our calling, to honor our mission.
Often I will say it is “BOTH AND” as opposed to “EITHER OR”.
In this case, it is … ALL OF THE ABOVE with REBOUNDING truly positioning us to achieve greatness.
For a basketball team to win a championship — it must REBOUND.
For a healthcare organization to honor all those it is blessed to care for and care about — it too must REBOUND.
And to REBOUND, as leaders, we must lead with LOVE.