How often has a little voice in your head screamed, “Don’t do it! You will fail! You will look foolish! You will get in trouble!”
How often has a fear of failure prevented you from doing what you know in your heart is the right thing to do?
How often have you regretted not doing the very thing you were most afraid of?
How often have you held back your team of ‘go-getters’ because of your fear … because of your fear of failure?
How often have your yes/no decisions been misaligned with your values because you were afraid of the opinions of others?
And how often have you not moved into right action because you feared the repercussions of living a life of integrity?
COACHING TIP TUESDAY
- Your team is looking to you for leadership, for courage, for conviction.
- They want to follow you … as you authentically live your values.
- They long to follow you … as you lead with integrity in word and in deed.
- They desire to follow you … as you do what is right and just.
- Your team wants you to lead them as you take calculated risks for the right reasons and support them as they do the same.
- And when you fail – and you will – (we all do) – they expect you to learn and grow and get back in the game.
- And when they fail – they expect you to help them learn and grow and get back in the game too.
It is when we live our values, honor our mission, lead with integrity, take calculated risks for the betterment of others, and support others as they do the same … when we do fail … we fail forward together, we get back into the game and we achieve even greater impact.
Fear is real. But as courageous leaders with love in our hearts and strategic minds we will overcome.
Our teams need us. As does this world.